Friday, December 27, 2013

Baubles and Treats...and Boxes! Julep Maven Bombshell Starter Box Review

I have recently discovered the wonderful world of subscription boxes.  There are so many boxes in so many different categories:  beauty, accessories, food, kids...the list goes on.  I am new to subscription boxes, but I've been wanting to expand my jewelry collection, and I always love trying out new beauty products, so those are the boxes I've focused on.  So far, I have subscribed to Julep, Wantable accessories, Your Bijoux Box, Ipsy, and PopSugar Must Have.  

Julep Maven is a nail polish-related subscription box.  When you become a Julep Maven, you receive a monthly box containing new, never-released polishes, as well as nail treatments or accessories.  The boxes are $19.99 per month, and the contents are valued at at least $40.  If you take a style quiz, you will receive your own style profile and the boxes that go along with it.  One great thing is that you're not restricted to your particular style.  Every month before the boxes are shipped, you can look at the contents of the other style profile boxes, and you can always try a different one.  If you don't make a change, they will automatically send you the box for your style profile.  

After taking my style quiz, I got the "Bombshell" starter box.  According to Julep, "As a Bombshell, you are a confident frill-seeker with magnetic appeal.  You adore bold, glam colors and anything that sparkles."  I'm not sure that's the best description of me, but I did like the colors in the starter box, and I can always try another style later on!

Anyway, I was very excited to see my Julep box in the mailbox the other day.  Here's what I got:



  
Just opened

Cute little welcome card

The first polish shade was Zelda, described as "pink champagne metallic."  To me, this is more gold, and I don't see the pink, but I still love the shade.  I painted my nails with this for Christmas.  I think it would be a fun shade for New Year's too!

Zelda

The second polish was Kendra, "army green frost."  This isn't a color I typically wear, but I thought I should try to branch out.  I like dark polish colors, and this is a dark gray-green.  I put this on my toes to try it out, and I do like it.


Kendra


The third item was Luxe Repair Skin Serum.  The instructions say to "gently massage a few drops anywhere your skin needs repair."  I haven't used this yet, but I'm looking forward to trying it.  




Finally, there was a cute little bag to put all of my new products in.



I think this is an awesome box.  It's perfect if you like trying out new nail polish shades, and it also would make a great gift.  Also, as a Julep Maven, you get 20% off and free shipping on other products you buy on the site.    

Oh, and I didn't mention the best part.  If you use the code FREEBOX, you get your first box for free!  All you have to do is pay tax and shipping, which comes up to just a bit over $4.  I think this is a great way to experiment with new nail polish colors and other nail products.  If you are interested in signing up, just click here and take the style quiz!

Have you tried Julep?  What do you think of it?  Stay tuned for my reviews of the other boxes when I get them.  Also, if anyone has any suggestions for any other subscription boxes, let me know!   



Disclosure:  This post contains affiliate/referral links.  

No comments:

Post a Comment