Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ipsy Glam Bag: January 2014 Review


Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that sends you a Glam Bag filled with 4 to 5 sample- or full-sized beauty products.  There is a quiz that you take when you sign up so that you can receive products that are more suited to your preferences.  The cost of a subscription is $10/month.

This was my first Ipsy Glam Bag, and I was looking forward to it.  It arrived last week, right on schedule.  Here's what I got:



I love the pink!  Plus I can reuse this bag when I send items through the mail.

There was a makeup bag included along with the samples.  I like the design of the bag, but it had a very strong smell of plastic.  I am going to have to air it out for a long time before I use it.  



The first item was Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!  Deep Conditioning Mask for hair.  I haven't tried this yet.  I have fine hair, so I don't want anything that will weigh it down.  However, I am trying to grow my hair longer, and the ends do get dry and damaged.  I will certainly give this a try.  



Next was MicaBeauty Tinted Lip Balm in Fiesta.  I really like this color.  I was hoping the sample would be a bit larger, but I'm sure it will still last a significant amount of time.  This did not come with a lip brush, but I think I have one somewhere that I can use.  


Next was Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion with argan and rosewater.  I liked the scent of this lotion, and it was lightweight as advertised.  However, my face still felt dry after I used it.  The winter air, as well as the heat turned up inside, is really drying out my skin right now, and I need a heavy-duty moisturizer.  I think I will save this for the summer, when I will want something lighter. 



The next product was Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow in Pearl.  I liked the texture of the liner and shadow and thought it went on smoothly.  It's a bit sparkly for me, but I can use it as a highlighter or for special occasions.


Finally, I received four Proactiv+ Mark Fading Pads.  I had acne into my mid-twenties, and I remember that Proactiv did seem to help at one point.  I've never used these wipes, though, and I don't get much acne anymore.  I have some acne scars that this product may help with, but I don't think there are enough pads here to make much difference.  I'm sure I'll use them for the occasional breakout, though.


  
Overall, I really liked this bag and am happy I subscribed to Ipsy.  I think it is more than worth the money to be able to try out different new products, and I liked the variety of what I received this month.  

If you are interested in subscribing to Ipsy, click here.  

Did you get an Ipsy Glam Bag this month?  What items did you get, and what did you think of them?



Disclosure:  This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment