Friday, January 17, 2014

PopSugar Must Have Box: January 2014 Review



I signed up for the PopSugar Must Have box at the end of December, and I was very excited to see what would be in my very first box this month.  According to their website, the PopSugar Must Have Box is a monthly subscription box that includes "hand-selected items in beauty, fashion, home, fitness, and food" and features premium items and full-sized products.  It costs $39.95/month and usually contains products with a retail value totaling around $100.  I thought that this was a good chance for me to try out some new products that I might not otherwise know about or spend the extra money on.  The boxes usually ship around the middle of the month.  I got my shipping notification email on 1/14, and my box arrived yesterday.  Here's what it looked like:





Open Box


The first item was Pipcorn Truffle Mini Popcorn, made by Pipsnacks.  I haven't opened the bag yet, but I love everything truffle, so I'm looking forward to eating this.  Also, apparently this is "mini" popcorn, which isn't supposed to get stuck in your teeth!  I had never heard of that before, but it sounds great.  If I could choose, I probably wouldn't want to get food items in a box like this--I'd rather get something like a home or beauty item instead.  But if I had to get a food product, this was a pretty good one!  I'm also glad it is gluten free so that I can eat it.


Next was The Juice Generation book.  I am very happy about this.  There are a lot of juice and smoothie recipes, as well as some other interesting facts and information.  I have a Vitamix blender, which I love.  I have also been thinking about buying a juicer, so I will definitely get a lot of use out of this book.


There was also the Rifle Paper Co. 2014 Flip Around the World Desk Calendar.  I actually hadn't bought a 2014 calendar, so this will be perfect for my desk at work.  The monthly illustrations are also really cute and could potentially be framed and used as a wall decoration.

Next were Jack + Lucy Tech Gloves.  I am a huge fan of tech gloves.  I got my first pair last year and am so happy with them.  It is so much more convenient to be able to use my phone if I'm out in the cold without having to take off my gloves and freeze my hands!  I am always losing my gloves or leaving them in another coat, so I was very happy to get another pair.  


Next was Revlon by Marchesa Box O'Files.  These aren't too exciting, but I like the design, and they will definitely come in handy.  



Finally there was the Malin + Goetz Detox Face Mask.  This isn't something that I would typically buy (especially since the retail price is apparently $40).  But part of the reason I get subscription boxes is so that I can try out new products.  I haven't used it yet, but I have heard good things about it, so I am looking forward to finding out how well it works for my skin.

It's also a big bottle, which is great.

Overall, I really like this box and think it is a good start for my PopSugar subscription.  Although the total retail cost of the items in the box is well over $40, I think the "value" of the box as a whole is subjective.  Would I pay $40 for this whole box?  Absolutely.  But everyone has different preferences.  A $50 item is worthless to someone who doesn't want and will not use it.  But, as I said, I am happy with this box and think it was worth the price.  I hope PopSugar keeps up the good work in upcoming months!

Did you get the PopSugar Must Have Box this month?  What did you think of it?

If you are interested in learning more about the PopSugar Must Have Box or signing up for a subscription, click here.  You can also get $5 off your first box by using the code REFER5.



Disclosure:  This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment