Saturday, April 12, 2014

Popsugar Limited Edition Resort Box Review


My Popsugar Limited Edition Must Have Resort Box arrived a few days ago.  There has been a lot of drama surrounding this box, with many people's shipments being delayed.  However, I was lucky enough to have my box shipped on time.  This box shipped via FedEx Smartpost, and it came from California, so it took quite a while to get to me on the East Coast.  I was very excited when it finally arrived!  Here's what I got:  


Sisco Berluti Bracelet Stack:  This is a set of three bracelets designed from turquoise, brass, and labradorite stones.  They are pretty and seem sturdy.  I am sure I will be wearing these a lot this season.


Cuyana Turkish Towel:  I've never had a Turkish towel before, so I was surprised at the texture of the material.  It seems more like a thick sheet or blanket than a towel to me, but it is very large and is supposed to be absorbent.  Since it is lightweight, it will be great for the summer, especially if I go to the beach.  


Epicuren Discovery Tropical Lave:  I was pleasantly surprised at how huge this tube of body wash is.  It has a fun tropical scent, and I'm excited to use it!


R.B. of McD #2 Clutch:  This clutch was made specifically for the Popsugar Must Have box, so it is not the same as the #2 clutch on the R.B. of McD website.  This one is made of canvas and leather and is a foldover style clutch.  This is nice, and the materials seem to be good quality.  However, In my opinion, it seems to be cheaply made; for example, the sewing is a bit sloppy, and the seams don't quite line up.  The zipper on mine is also uneven and does not allow me to close it completely.  Also, it would have been nice if the clutch had a lining, but it does not.  This clutch does not include a chain, and although the company will apparently sell you a chain if you email them, it doesn't seem worth it to me.  I like the colors of the clutch, and it will be convenient to use on some occasions, but I was a little disappointed in the actual product, especially after seeing the other clutches on the website.  I may contact Popsugar customer service about the various problems with mine (there are also some light scratches in the leather), so we'll see how that goes.  



Clark's Botanicals Cellular Lifting Moisture Mist:  This is a facial mist that is supposed to hydrate skin and also prevent aging.  I'm not sure about the anti-aging benefits, but when I sprayed it on my face, it was definitely hydrating and refreshing.  This will be good for summer.


Smashbox Cosmetics The Santigolden Age Double-ended Limitless Eyeliner:  I love this eyeliner.  One end of it is blue, and the other is gold.  I already have blue eyeliner, but this shade is a bit lighter than my other ones, and it is shimmery.  I haven't used gold eyeliner before, but I think I will have a lot of fun with it this summer.  


Salty Road Salted Caramel Apple Salt Water Taffy:  It might seem silly to get excited about salt water taffy, but this is by far the best I've ever had.  It is made with apple cider jelly and spices, which gives it a fresh apple taste.  It also actually has salt crystals in it, which accentuates the flavor and gives the taffy a subtle crunch.  I've already eaten the whole box of taffy and will have to get some more!


This box cost $100 and had a retail value of over three times that.  I thought all of the items were selected well and fit into the resort theme, not to mention that at least some of them will be useful to take on vacation.  This was my first limited edition box from Popsugar, and I think I will have to keep buying them!

Did you get this box from Popsugar?  What did you think of it?

This limited edition box is sold out, but if you are interested in subscribing to the monthly Must Have Box by Popsugar, click here.  You can use the code REFER5 to save $5 off your first box!



Disclosure:  This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment