Monday, May 5, 2014

Cuisine Cube: May 2014 Review


I don't usually eat a big lunch at work, so I am always hungry by the time I get home.  So every month, I am very happy when my Cuisine Cube is waiting for me at the end of the day!  Cuisine Cube sends a box full of gluten-free goodies to subscribers each month, and I have been very happy with all of my boxes so far.  Here's what I got this month:


Fiona's Sunflower Coconut Almond Granola:  I like granola, but I haven't found too many gluten-free varieties that I like.  This one tastes great, though.  It has just the right amount of sweetness and a mild coconut flavor.  The sunflower seeds are also a nice touch.  I had this for breakfast over the weekend, and today I took it to work to eat with my yogurt at lunch.  My bf did the same and loved the granola too.



Polvilho Bakery Parmesan Biscuito de Polvilho:  Polvilho is the flour made from manioc, otherwise known as yucca.  This is a Brazilian snack that is naturally gluten-free.  They are light, crispy, and delicious.  I ate the entire bag in two sittings!


  
Candy Tree Organic Raspberry Licorice:  I like licorice, and I've missed it since I had to stop eating gluten.  I haven't tried these yet, but they are organic and are sweetened with fruit juice.  I put them in my bag for work, so I'm sure I'll be eating them soon.



Miracle Noodle Garlic and Herb Fettuccine:  I've actually had shirataki noodles before, but I had forgotten about them for the past couple of years.  These are not only gluten-free, but they are made entirely of fiber and are virtually calorie-free.  They basically take on the flavor of whatever you put them in, although these apparently are flavored already.  I'm curious to try them.



Zema's Madhouse Rosemary and Millet Focaccia Mix:  Breads and other baked goods are what I miss most on the gluten-free diet.  I haven't always have the best luck with gluten-free flour mixes, but I'm always willing to give them a chance!  If this comes out like "real" focaccia, I will be very, very happy.



Gone Pie Vegan Coconut Brownie:  I took a bite of this right away, of course.  It doesn't have a very strong chocolate flavor, but it is delicious and has a moist texture.  I don't think this will ever replace traditional brownies for me...but maybe I like this even more than traditional brownies?  It is really, really good.



As always, my Cuisine Cube did not disappoint!  I love being able to try gluten-free products that I don't usually see in stores, and I am definitely going to have to track down some of these foods in the future (or buy them from the Cuisine Cube site)!  I'm already looking forward to next month's cube!

No comments:

Post a Comment