Monday, May 12, 2014

Popsugar Must Have Box: May 2014 Review


My May Popsugar Must Have Box arrived the other day.  This month, the items in the Popsugar Must Have box are meant to get you ready for summer and the beach.  The weather is getting warmer, and I have been fantasizing about going on vacation, so this box came at a good time!  Here's what I got:


Smell Bent St. Tropez Dispenser Perfume:  I had never heard of the brand Smell Bent before, but I am intrigued by the scent combinations of their perfumes.  This one, St. Tropez Dispenser, is a blend of jasmine and coconut aromas.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet.  The scent is quite strong, and it lasts a long time.  I love the smell of jasmine, but I'm less enthusiastic about coconut, at least as a perfume.  I do think that I like the scent more as it fades, so maybe it will grow on me.


Zing Anything Citrus Zinger Infuser Water Bottle:  I try to carry a water bottle with me wherever I go, and I often put lemon slices in it.  This bottle has an interesting design feature that allows you to press citrus fruits directly into your water.  I am definitely going to use lemons and limes in this, but I am also curious to see if it will work with strawberries or cucumber!



Kerry Cassill Eye Mask:  I had actually been in search of an eye mask, so I was happy to get this.  I don't really need it to block out the light (I can sleep pretty much anytime, anywhere).  However, my optometrist recommended that I use an eye mask to help prevent my eyes from becoming dry when I am sleeping.  I'm not sure how much this will help, unless there is air blowing directly onto my face, but I will give it a try.  The mask is soft, and it doesn't slide off my head.


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Pool Boy:  I like OCC's Lip Tars, but I have never used their nail polish.  This is a pretty shade of blue that will be great for spring  and summer.  


One Day Fat Blast by Tone it Up!:  I've actually just started doing P90X3* (today was day #2!), and I also have the original P90X, which I have done in the past and really enjoyed.  So I don't have much need for another fitness DVD at the moment.  I may be able to give this away or possibly trade it.


Hi I'm Skinny Sticks in Multi-Grain Sweet Onion:  These are supposed to have 40% less fat than potato chips and 15g of whole grains per serving.  Unfortunately for me, they aren't gluten-free, so I won't be able to eat them.  But I'm sure I will be able to give them to someone who will enjoy them.


Overall, I thought this box was pretty good.  I liked the way it followed the summer/beach theme.  Although I will only be using some of the items, I am sure I can find a good home for the others.  I am excited to use my new water bottle, and I am going to paint my toenails with my new polish!

If you are interested in subscribing to Popsugar Must Have, click here.  Monthly subscriptions are $39.99/month, but you get a discount if you purchase a longer subscription.

Did you get a Popsugar Must Have Box this month?  What did you think of it?


*I am very sore already from the P90X3, but I am excited to be starting a new workout routine!  I will try to post periodically on my progress here, and I am going to start posting more smoothie and energy food recipes as well :-)



Disclosure:  This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment